Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Sunday, February 12, 2012

2 Weeks in Italy

I made it to week 2!!  Haha this week was great!  I think the
highlight of the week was the snow.  The people of Ravenna have been
saying it never snows like this and the other day was the coldest day
Italy has seen in 30 years.  The snow however made it harder to
contact people though because most everyone in centro (the center of
town) stay inside and there is less people to talk to.  But we still
had success.  It's funny because we are teaching people from all over
the world!  Specifically from all countries in Africa!  Alot from
Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Nigeria and Tunisia.  They are great but
have a hard time remembering when they're appointments are but that's
fine.  There are also lots from South America right now we are
teaching this woman (Leiza) from Cuba and she seems really interested
in our message it's hard to find a time though because she works alot.
    With the Super Bowl it's funny.  Before I left I read this book
called Playing for Pizza.  A story about an ex-NFL quarterback who
goes to Italy to play Italian football.  Well the other day we were
doing Strada (streets) and we started talking to this shorter thick
guy.  We asked him how his day was and he said he was tired because he
watch the Super Bowl last night and we later found out that he was a
running back for the Ravenna Chiefs, I told him about the book playing
for Pizza and he had read it before!  He's now a trainer for his team.
I did an exchange in Ferrara and bumped into a member who also played
running back for the Ferrara Eagles!  It's crazy how things like that
work out.This week I went on a scambia (an exchange).  It's where
companians switch to learn how other missionaries work.  So I had the
oppertunity to go to Ferrara!  It was much colder because it was more
north but it was  very beautiful and a lot of fun.  We ate at a
members home for dinner and she made the best mashed potatoes ever!
It's funny because things I would never eat in the USA are just so
good here I love it!  My companion is also teaching me how to cook
which is great!  I made my first pasta dish and it turned out pretty
good.
    The language is coming along pretty good I can understand alot of
what they are saying and becoming better at speaking so thanks for all
the prayers!!  I'm getting better at teaching also.  My companion and
I are working hard everyday and really working with our investigators
toward baptism!  Things here are going great and I'm loving every
moment.  I can see how much the Lord is helping with this work I see
it everyday how he prepares those to come unto the gospel.  Thanks for
everything that you all do and all the prayers!  -Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment