Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ingrown Toenail & teaching the Restoration

Famiglia!
This week was interesting. We had to go to Milano twice for my toe. I had an ingrown toenail and they had to remove it. So yesterday I went to Dr. Frielich an American doctor from Chicago and he numbed my foot and I got to watch him do a little surgery on my foot! It was great because I watched the whole thing and there was soo much blood but it was fine because I didn't feel anything. So these next few days I'm going to be doing missionary work in Sandals and socks to give my toe a break! Right now it's a little sore but I'm glad I got it taken care of because every time I bumped it against something it was the worst. It was funny also because we did get to Milano a little early so I got to pass by the duomo and we got to get pizza at a sit down restaurant!! It was so good and was pretty cheap. This week I made my first lasagna from scratch and it turned out great! I'm making it again this week so I can perfect it and I'm going to try to make the ragu more sweet! With the work things are continuing to pick up! We taught Natacha the Gosple of Gesù Cristo and it went great! The only problem is she will be leaving to France for two weeks but that's alright she's super excited to meet with us and appreciates everything that we do. I love her she is hilarious and her family is great! We are teaching a few guys for Ghana- Richard, Kingsley, Fouston, and Kent. We taught them the Restoration and right after Richard walked us down stairs and pulled out about 40£ and was like I've been going through a tough time take this money and pray for me. And immediatly we pulled our hands back and we like whoooaah.. Richard look we love doing this, our payment is the change we see in the lives of others. He really loved that. We are teaching them and have given 2 of the 4 dates for Sept. 15 but we'll see how serious they are about wanting to change! Another funny thing that happened this week was I had my first "bible bash". But really it was just some guy trying to attack our doctrine. He was a pastor for a Evangelical church and was from Ghana. We told him about the Restoration and he just went off. He used Rev. where it says there shall not be anything book written after this. But we were able to defend everything and we were not even attacking his church. After it was funny because I felt great because for some strange reason it strengthened my testimony that this was the true church! Missionary work is great! Grazie per il sostegno! Sono grato per l'oppertunità di essere un missionario della chiesa vera qui sulla terra! Continuate di pregare per me!
Vi voglio Bene! Forza Italia!!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment