Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New City & New Companions- Genova!

Ciao tutti!
So I'm now in a new city and it is beautiful! Yesterday we walked around for a little bit to see the city! It's a port city and there is a ton of people. We have a lot to see, Christopher Columbus's house is right across the street from our church and the Duomo of Genova is really cool as well. With conference I haven't had a chance to meet the ward but I've met a few members and they are great! The city of Genova is much bigger than Bergamo. We have a bigger apartment and it's a bus city so there will not be any bike problems! The day I arrived I was so tired because we had been on the train for a few hours. We got off and I met my new comps Anziano Ibba and Ellsworth both are really great. First thing we did was I bought a ticket so I could ride the buses here in Genova. We got settled and right after had a lesson at the church. We taught some new converts and less actives. From what I've heard, the ward has been going through a tough time with some recent deaths/suicides. So we just need to be positive with them right now. This Monday we went to Alessandria for a zone meeting. It went well. Right now for the work Genova doesn't have really any investigators so that will be a big goal for us this transfer to find new investigators and get them to baptism. Conference was great! I watched almost all of it in Italian and was glad to hear that Arizona will have another temple! Also it's super cool to hear that the age for going on missions has changed. It will be cool to see the growth in missionaries that serve misisons. Also the talks were great. I really liked the last two talks given by Anziano Holland and President Monson. It was funny because I noticed that they used a lot from preach my gospel. Things are going well here I'm liking it a lot and glad to be in such a beautiful city. Thanks for all the support!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment