Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27, 2013

Ciao!
Wow this last week was crazy! My first week in Torino and things are going really well. Torino is VERY different from Genova but I love it the same. Big difference is in Genova the streets are super tight and small and there's no room to move but here in Torino it seems almost American because the streets are more structured like a grid. But other news we are constantly teaching people non stop it's so weird. Last transfer they baptized 4 people and this transfer we already have a few people who can be baptized. Really cool how things are going right now. My new companion is Anziano Pitt he's from Farmington, Utah but lived in San Diego as well. He has about 3 months left before he finishes the mission. Really fun missionary we are having a lot of fun. We have 2 really cool investigators one is Daniele who wanted to be a Catholic priest when he was younger but was a member referral and should be baptized before the end of April and Giorgio who was a referral from the United States he just has to clear some things up with his family situation and everything will be good for him he really wants to be baptized a really great guy. In Genova the way we would get around would be through buses but now here in Torino we have bikes!!!!! It's been 6 months since I've been on a bike... I don't know what it's called but I'm sure my parents do but my seat is really hard and now it's super sensitive when I get on because I guess I don't have butt callus yet? Haha but things are starting to go well with that situation. Church was great this last Sunday the only problem was it was raining and we were going to take the bus but there was a bus strike!! So we had to walk about 45 minutes to the church. There are 3 wards in Torino and in our ward 135 members came this week which was really cool it's huge and I'm trying really hard to get to know all their names as fast as possible. But I got to introduce myself in Sacrament meeting I told them where I was from, what cities I've serve in, and my testimony. Also I gave a few blessings of comfort this week, it was really cool how the words flowed right out of my mouth. Priesthood! This week I saw the movie 17 miracles for the first time, after we planned we watched it right before we were about to go to bed. It made me really thankful for the pioneers and their sacrifices for us- really made me thankful to be doing the Lord's work! I just wanted to share with you my favorite talk from conference and I would suggest you all read it, really good. "Lift where you stand" Dieter F. Uchtdorf amazing talk I think this will be something I would like to shard with other missionaries in our area I love it just do your best where you are. You can apply this talk in so many different ways. Things are going well it's pretty cold but I think after Easter things will start to heat up but thanks for all the love, love you all!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment