Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ben' last letter!

Ciao Tutti!!!!
I believe this will be the last letter I write because next week I will be traveling to Milano.  But this week has been pretty emotional.. haha.  To begin with one of the elders in the apartment was hit pretty bad by a car.  We get a call from his companion and he told me that they were in the hospitale and he had to get x-rays.  Right now he's wearing a neck brace.  But what we had to do was go back to the place he got hit by a car with and pick up the bikes that were locked up.  I'm sure my parents might of done this before but we had to ride steering our bike while holding the other.  The bike I was holding was tough because it was the one that was hit so the wheel was bent.  But we managed to make it back which was nice.  This last Saturday I gave my last talk.  It was interesting we had just finished lunch and the branch president called saying that the person he had assigned couldn't make it so he asked me.  I only had a night to prepare but what I ended up talking about was patience.  I thought it was perfect for what the ward needed and was really thankful that I was able to give it.  It was nice I really felt the spirit and the members seemed to of liked it as well.  We also got to eat with president Quartarone and he has been such a huge help in the missionary work here.  I've really enjoyed him being the branch president and know that the work is going to go up from here.   Monday I had my last Zone Meeting and I had to give my dying testimony which was super weird..  I can't believe that these two years are finishing it's been such a special blessing.  A cool miracle that happened this last week was it was POURING rain as we were doing pass bys.  I was just amazed/irritated because it seemed like there was just a small cloud above us but it was pouring and we were drenched.  As we were riding to pass by a less active members home my companion screamed out from behind me, we should say a prayer!!  I was amazed my initial thought was why pray its not that big of a deal the rain will eventually stop but then I thought no we should pray.  So we did.  As he was praying the rain stopped.  I just sat there for a few seconds thinking how many miracles I've seen in the mission it was really a humbling experience.  I'm so thankful for these two years the things I learned and also the chance to strengthen my testimony so many people have touched my life.  This is the church of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is our Savior and God loves us.  I'll see you all soon  and love you all!!  
SEMPRE AVANTI
Anziano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Thomas,,,,I wish and I pray that we could see each other before you leave Italy,enjoy your last days stay,.good luck,good health and may our heavenly father bless you,,hope to see you soon.....

    ReplyDelete