Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 18, 2012

Ciao tutti!
This week has been great! I got a new companion because my other companion has been here in Bergamo for about 4 months and it was time for him to go, but my new companion is Anziano Treadway who is from Sacramento, California. His dad is a stake president there and Anziano Treadway is a super great missionary and is hilarious! This week was great because we had an "African Party!" Which was all the members/investigators who were members all came to the GANS center and we had two new African members make us all food! I have to say African food is spicey. We had this wheat mixed with water and it was like bread dough then a soup we would dip it in. The texture was super wierd and it tasted awful but I can gladly say I ate all of it!! It was a great turn out and we brought our less active african and he really had a great time! Work here has been picking up, we are finding new investigators everyday in Ponte San Pietro! This Sunday was pretty funny we had a lunch appointment with the Guidetti couple who are both about 72 years old. The husband was hilarious he was such a grump while his wife was making pasta he yells "Jolanda are you going to make any good pasta today?" (all irritated) then his wife says "when have I not made good pasta??" and he just mumbles angrily. After there was flies in the house so he goes and grabs his flyswater and smacks it right on the plate of bread. Everything goes flying everywhere! It was crazy. But I ate way to much and I felt so sick for the rest of the day but it was worth it because the food was sooo good! This last week we met in ward council and they know it's been hard for us these last few months with all the new changes so they are really getting everyone excited about missionary work! Tomorrow we are going to Verona again for another zone meeting. Things here are going great and my new companion Anziano Treadway is great everyday is hilarious! Well thanks for everything I love Italy, the people, and my mission! Thanks for all the prayers I know God answers them!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment