Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 11, 2012

Ciao tutti!
This week was good. We taught Erminio again and we might see him again before he goes to Brasil for his 40 day vacation. The lesson went well we taught him the Gosple of Gesu Cristo. It was cool because we were talking with him and he was like, you know what.. I've been thinking lately. When I fly over to Brasil it's going to be a long flight, I was thinking to bring the Book of Mormon along with me. It was great and I talked to him a lot about this time in Brasil will be a great relaxing experience but at the same time he can make it a spiritual experience by praying and reading everyday. It's going to be tuff when he leaves because right now he's our only progressing investigator but we will find new people. As of with the work, it's been a interesting week. We have found a lot of new investigators. But the problem is we teach them once and then after that they don't want to hear anymore from us. As missionaries we have been invited to give the baptismal invite on the first lesson every time and I feel like that's why many of our investigators have dropped us. We give them the bap invite and then they realize what our purpose is and also what the goal is. It's great because it weeds out all those who are just there to "learn about what we believe" and not are serious about really changing. But we will find new investigators and find new progressing investigators as well.
Today started off terrible but then became one of the best p days I've had on my mission. So early in the morning around 8 I had an appointment for my documents so I can stay here in Italy another year. We planned to get the documents done real quick and hop on a train for Cinque Terre. We got down to the Questura and we were one of the first people in line. We got up to the sportello and the woman was like your missing 4 photos of yourself. So we sprinted all the way to the train station took a quick picture and sprinted all the way back to the Questura. Unfortunately it took too long and I ended up missing my train. I was very upset. Anyway we switched our plans and decided to go up to the Genova Forts. It was AMAZING. We climbed up the Genova mountains and got to one of the forts and couldn't get in at first. We searched everywhere and finally found a hole and got inside. It was so beautiful everything. We had a view of all of Genova and went all over the forts it was such a great day. Tonight we have English class and a new convert. This week was great and we are working hard looking for new investigators to bring unto Christ! Hope you all of feeling the Christmas Spirit because I am getting super excited for Christmas! I would like to wish two ragazzacci out there Spencer Murphy and Daniel Thomas a very special Happy Birthday and I hope all your birthday dreams come true ;) Much love to you all
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment