Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Thursday, December 27, 2012

Buon Natale! Merry Christmas!

Ciao Family and Friends
Christmas was great and I really enjoyed getting to skype my family!
A lot has happened these past two weeks. With the work we found this
really cool guy named Alfredo from Ecuador and he is really open to what
we have to say. We have seen him once and we should be seeing him
again this next week after the Christmas holidays. We had a really
spiritual lesson with him where we bore strong testimony that through
Gesù Cristo his sins can be forgiven. He really liked that because
he's felt bad about the things he's done in the past. So we are
excited about him!
These past few days I have never eaten so much in my life! From
Christmas Eve all the way unto tonight we've eaten with members.
Dinner. Lunch. Dinner. Lunch. Dinner. So much good food. Christmas
day we ate with Claudio M. and his mom had 6 courses for us to eat!
Almost all of it was fish. It's a tradition here in Genova and I
think most of Italia to eat Fish for Christmas day. But I loved it
ate some salmon and shrimp which was great! After we went to Bishops
house and I got to skype my family for about 1 hr 30 min. It was
great to see everyone and here how everything is going. After I went
downstairs and hung out with the bishops family and played some soccer
with Alessio the Bishops son which was great!
Christmas Eve I had a really cool experience. We went to the Duomo of
Genova and had midnight mass there. I loved it. I was the first time
I went to Catholic mass here in Italy and it was very interesting.
After I got to shake the had of the Bishop and he saw my name tag and
he just commented on it a little saying "Thomas" and giving me a
thumbs up haha.
Today we went to Savonna for P'day. My comp Anziano Webb started his
mission here and he got to show me around. We went to the church in
Savona and it's really small because it's only a branch but we bumped
into one of the members and they took us out for lunch. After we
walked around centro and it ended up being a nice last day in Italy
for Anziano Webb. Tomorrow we go to Miliano and drop him off and I
get my new comp and we are coming back to Genova. We are going to
have a lot of work to do here in Genova especially because the other
companionship got closed so we are getting all their investigators.
I'm looking forward to having a lot of work and helping a lot of people
out. Things are going great and this Sunday I'm giving a talk to the
ward on my preparation to becoming a missionary. I'm really glad I got
this topic because I'm directing it right at the youth so pray that
everything goes well with that! Missionary work is going well I'm
about to finish The Book of Mormon again and am loving it. Especially
every time I read it I find something new. Right now I'm in Ether when
the brother of Giared crossed the seas. Thanks for all the support I
know that this is God's work and I am so thankful that I am a
missionary of Jesus Christ! Love you all and have a great year!!!!!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment