Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Companionship of 3 for 3 more weeks

Ciao!
Wow it's crazy to think that Daniel is finally leaving. I remember being in Bergamo and hearing about Daniel going to Kenya and now it's finally here!! I know he's ready to go and know that his mission will be the best experience ever! Sounds like everyone is doing great it's great to hear that Jake Keller left for his mission that's really exciting.
This week I found out that for the next 3 weeks we will be in 3 haha. I can't tell you all how tiring it is. We have to cover all of Genova now. So one day we go to Anziano Johnson's part of Genova, and then the next day to we go to our part. So we are going back and forth which is super tiring. Sunday's are interesting as well, because there are two churches, we drop Anziano Johnson at his ward and then we take a 30 minute train ride then a bus to get to our church building. It's been tough because we thought Anziano Johnson is getting a new companion but now until the end of the transfer we are in three. We have two wards to cover so we have many lessons to teach. This week I thought that we should do a fast together. Just so we could be able to survive until the end of the transfer. So we fasted and things are starting to get easier especially since we wrote all the train times. So things are getting less hectic.
Church I got to translate for a couple that just finished their mission in Paris and they were traveling around Europe before they went home so that was fun. This week we found a really cool couple to teach. Flor (from Peru) and her husband (Italian). We met Flor on the street and she said that she feels like our church has been following her, her whole life. So we had the first lesson and it went great. I really tried applying the Restoration of the church and showing her how much this message will bless her and her husband. The husband is really cool he works forensics and follows cases and was open to hear our message. Really cool couple so pray that all goes well with them this week! I have to say this week went by really quick because we are running from one spot to teach someone to another. Right now Erminio should be back so tonight I think I'll give him a call to see how things went.
Today we had a really cool P'day haha we went to Portofino. It's a small city that is right on the Liguria Sea. So amazing we hiked up and explored and had a ton of fun. It's funny because I asked some students in my English class where would be a good place to go for P'day and they told us Portofino is really cool because a ton of celebrities like Lady Gaga go there haha but really the houses were amazing. I started the Book of Mormon again and loving learning new things every time I read it. Also I'm trying to finish all of Paul's epistles in the New testament. Right now I'm starting 2 Corinthians and am noticing how tough it was for the first christian missionaries and am grateful I can continue this great work. The scriptures are great and loving my personal studies every morning! Other than that things are going fine for me, next week I'll know if I'm going to stay in Genova or not. I hope I stay but it's very likely I'll go so we'll see. Thanks for all the support hope alls going well at home Love you all!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment