Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hit by Car but OK!

Ciao tutti!
This week was really cool.  We had a conference in Milano this last Monday and we had Elder Allen from the area 70 come talk to us.  It was really great because he was one of the guys who was part of writing preach my gospel.  What was cool was he had some cool insights on the prophets and apostles.  They talked a lot about repentance.  Actually most all of it was about repentance and explaining to our investigators how repentance should become part of their lives.  Really cool so we've been applying that to our work and it works really well.  Funny thing that happened on the way here to the Internet point I got hit by a car while on my bike!  But it wasn't bad they just swerved into me and hit my hand and I bent back their side mirror.  The guy swore immediately and then asked if I was alright and I told him everything was good haha. 
We talked to Daniele on the phone and he said that he's thought of a date for baptism so tomorrow he'll tell us!  Really exciting so pray for him that he'll have a date that will be soon.  Today was AWESOME!  We went to Valle d'Aosta and we were right in the Alps haha the mountains were HUGE and the weather was perfect!  We walked around and saw some Roman Ruins.  But I will definitely go back!  Next time we're going to try to go to the Matterhorn and Monte Bianco (largest Mountain in Europe)  but we just walked around the city. 
This week was also cool because I did a scambio with Anziano Betzsold!  Because he's an assistant he does scambios with us and it was really cool that I got to do one with him because in two weeks he's going home!  It's crazy how fast time has flown by.  But it was really fun.  We talked a lot about Ravenna  and how work went and funny things that happened.  We also went to our members restaurant this week and it was super good!  They have the best pizza that I've had so far. 
As for the work the work went great this week.  We taught 20 lessons!  Not counting members it went really good and we had a lot of fun.  We were just running around the whole time.  This week we'll here from another general authority Elder Callister so this Wednesday you will not be getting an email from me but you will this Thursday instead.  Thanks for all the support I read Alma 5 this week and something that hit me was when they talked about Jesus being the shepherd and he calls out to the people of the world but they don't listen but he's always calling!  Really interesting but I got to go I love you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment