Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Thursday, September 12, 2013

Goodbye to Torino

Ciao!!
Wow so much has happened this week.  Well to begin with, Roberto got baptized!!!  It was an amazing experience to get in the font and baptize him!  The baptism service went great and my favorite part was when Roberto bore his testimony at the end.  It was really powerful how he talked about all that he went through to get to that point.  The baptism itself went well also.  We did a few practices to make sure there would be no problems and at first I was a little nervous, (he's a grown man pretty heavy) but all my morning workouts payed off!!  
Also this last week it was weird leaving Torino I've been there for about 6 months and it was nice to say goodbye to all the people I've met.  Also I was bummed that I left Anziano Colemere he was another great companion that I've had.  
Anyway that Thursday was transfers so I needed to be in Milano before 9 because I was training.  So President Dibb talked for awhile and then, we got to meet our new comps!!  What we did was we would go up there, say something about the city where we are and then the assistants would give us the name of the new companion and they would run up to you and give you a hug haha.  So I went up there said a little bit about Livorno (I don't know much) and my new companion is.. Anziano Larson from Provo, Utah!!  Haha.  Just a little bit about him, he's a dancer and he likes latin music so that's great!  So after that we left to go to Livorno.  So the missionaries that live in the apartment are Anziano Olsen (Kansas city) his trainee Anziano Scott (Logan, Utah 18yrs old) and my comp Anziano Larson.  So we took a Freccia-rossa (red arrow) it's one of the fastest trains in Italy because it would take forever to get there from Milano.  One of the coolest things was when we started going through the rolling Tuscan hills hahahaha finally!!!  We got settled in and right after we did a little bit of finding work.  Livorno is an interesting city.  It's old but it was carpet bombed in WW2 and a lot has been redone but it's still old.  The end of last week was spent doing finding work and getting to know the area and members as soon as possible.  I called the Branch president, elders quorum president, and a few other members just to introduce myself.  Also one of the first things we had to do was buy a bike.  So we went to a few different bike stores and all of them had just new bikes or terrible used bikes.  So we walked around searching for places and finally we found two new bikes!  They're two nice bikes so I'm glad.  The Monday was also cool because we went to Pisa!!! For district meeting it will be cool because I think I'll be doing a scambio there as well.  I haven't see the leaning tower of Pisa yet but soon we'll see it!  Today was pretty normal but pray that there will be people ready here in Livorno to here the gospel We need to find people but hope all is well Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment