Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Transfers - LIVORNO!

Ciao Tutti!!
This last week a lot has happened and today is really exciting!!  This last week we had a "Serata Musicale"  which was a night where all the missionaries from the mission came into Torino and what happened was they all sang, played the piano, or anything musical and showed off there talents.  I didn't end up singing but the sister's who coordinated everything asked me and Anziano Grimaldi (from Sicily) to be the "showmen" haha we just announced who was going up next, what they were singing.  It was a good night and we had a lot of fun!  The next day I had a scambio (companion exchange) with other Anziani of Torino 2.  I ended up going with Anziano Betchi who is from Canada but came from Cameroon Africa after he was born.  It was a really fun scambio his first language is French and where he's from in Canada they speak only French so it was interesting to hear his story.  Then later in the week the Anziani from Cuneo came because one of the missionaries needed to email Roberto for the baptism!  What ended up happening was we got there I went into another room and he got interviewed and passed!!!  So today he will be baptized and he asked me to baptize him so tonight hopefully all goes well..  he's really excited and knows that this is a big step in his life.  This last Monday I got a call from president and he told me that I'm getting transferred!  He told me that I was leaving from Torino and that I've been hereby called to serve in LIVORNO!!  I'm really excited because I've wanted to serve there since I've gotten into the mission.  Just because one it's in Tuscany and it's another port city like Genova.  Another thing he told me was I will be opening the companionship with new missionary whose just coming from the MTC so I'm looking forward to that.  There's two other missionaries there right now so it will be a good experience.  Tomorrow I will go to Milano to pick up my new comp and then we will go together to Livorno!  I will miss Torino a lot though I've learned a lot here and am sad to say goodbye to the people but am looking forward to this next step in the mission!  Things are going good hope all is well at home love you all!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment