Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Scary/Funny Story

Ciao!
Another good week in Livorno!!  I'll start off with the scary/funny story I had here.  So last week we did a scambio (exchange) in Pisa it went really well and I learned a lot I went with Anziano Gessel who is going home next week and it was cool because he's the group right before me.  Anyway,  when we finished the scambio we came back to Livorno and the other Anziani were not there at the station.  We thought they we're suppose to be there but in the end we took a bus to get back to the apartment thinking they would be there.  We got back to the house and it turned out that they weren't there... so we decided to get a payphone and call them.  We walked around for about 5 minutes going to two different payphones until finding out the payphones in Livorno are no longer available at least where we were... so we walked back to the apartment and decided to wait for them.  We were standing in front of the building when we see this elderly woman on the second story wave us over.  We walked over and she said nothing that made sense just random words.  We were like uh... then a another woman walks out and says that this woman has Alzheimer's and we were like ohh it's fine.  As we were walking away I asked her if she's seen any other missionaries like us around and told her we couldn't find the other missionaries because they had the keys to get in.  She offered to let us use her's and we were like nice!  We go up to the second floor and the woman quickly hands us the phone as we start making the call, the woman with Alzheimer's starts screaming "Aiuto!  Aiuto!"  Trying to get out the door.  It was sad because she didn't know where she was.  We make two calls but the other Anziani don't answer us and she's screaming louder and louder.  We kept trying to tell her "tranquilla signora, tranquilla" (Relax or everythings fine.)  I saw each time I made a call it used some of this woman's credit so I told my comp to grab some change to give her .50£ The woman who lent us her phone was on the other side of the door trying to hold this woman in so I reached around to door to give her the phone with the change.  As I'm doing this the woman is screaming in my ear "Aiuto" the woman took the phone but didn't want the change as I was telling her to take it I look to the old woman whose right in front of my arm and she takes a huge bite into my arm!!!  AHHHH!!  I dropped the .50£ and we took off it was a traumatic experience as we walk out the door the other Anziani pull up in there bikes and we're like answer your phones haha but it's just funny to think how some missionaries get bit by dogs but in this mission you get bitten by people... 
Other than that traumatic experience haha the week went well.  We had a district conference in which Anziano De Feo from the 3rd quorum of the 70 came to talk to us.  What's weird is this last district conference was ALL focused on missionary work.  At the beginning of the mission it wasn't like that but it's really changing.  The talk given by Elder De Feo was great though I really enjoyed it he's a really young guy so I wouldn't be surprised if one day he gets into the 70.  This last Monday we did transfer cleaning.  We had transfers and no one is getting transferred so it will be the same.  We cleaned the apartment and it looks great.  As for the work it's still going slow we did find a new investigator this week and hopefully we can help her she's from Romania and been here in Italy for some time now.  Things are going well thanks for all the support and love!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment