Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gaetano's Baptism this Saturday!

Ciao Tutti!
This week went by quick! I think mostly because I was sick Monday. It was funny because one elder in our apartment got sick and then all of the sudden the next day the other 3 of us were sick. It's easy to get sick in our apartment because it is so close and small. So all of Monday I was in bed with a stuffy nose, fever, cough, and a sore body. BUT I was able to go out for an hour to go see Gaetano so he could get a baptismal interview from our district leader. Although I seriously thought I was going to die on the way there. But we taught him about tithing and the word of wisdom and it went well. We did an example to help explain the law of tithing. We went to a store and bought a bag of candy and when we explained tithing we gave him 10 pieces of candy and then read Malachia chapter 3 which says if we pay tithing God will open the windows of heaven enough we will not have enough room to receive it. So we read that and told him tithing is 10% and he gave us one piece of candy and then we dumped the bag into his hands and he didn't have enough room to receive it! It was a great lesson and Gaetano loved it (because he got to keep the candy afterward) but then he had his interview and passed so he's ready! We are all excited for this Saturday! This last Thursday we went to Mestre which took us 3 hours in train and had a conference. It went really well and it was alot of fun. What's nice about conference is that each conference we always get lunch for free so they ordered pizza for us all. It went well we did some role plays when talking about the book of Mormon to someone on the street. This next week will be interesting because I will find out where I'm getting transferred. I'm probably getting transferred because I've been here for about 4 months and been with Anziano Treadway for 2 transfers so next email I will know where my next city is! But I've really come to love the ward and the city so that will be tough to leave.. Today we are probably not going to do much these last pdays it has rained and one of our members told us that today it would rain today. Things are going well we saw Mareno the other day and went to see his brother who has schizophrenia and talked about how God has a plan for all of us. Mareno has said he has stopped smoking a I'm super happy for him. His mom says he definitely seems happier. We've set another date for the 10 of October so we are looking forward to that! Things are going well and I know that the Lord is guiding us to those who are in need. Thanks for all the support and love!
vi voglio bene!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment