Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, September 19, 2012

La mia Famiglia-
Today I just found out that my brother Daniel is going to KENYA! I cannot believe it, Africa did not even pass my mind.. I'm so happy for Daniel. This week I've been praying that where ever he gets called to he will love it and know that it's where the Lord needs him! I have to laugh though. We will have such completely different experiences! I'm so excited for his experiences that he will have.. it still hasn't hit me but something I do know is that he will GROW and learn so much and that is a HUGE blessing! Haha I still can't believe it!
Well these last two weeks have been great! Especially with the work! Right now we have 2 baptisms scheduled for the 29 of Settembre! But as of now it's looking that it will only be one. Our baptismals dates are Mareno and Gaetano! We will probably have to postpone Marneo for a few weeks later just to make sure he's 100% ready! I'm a little bummed because I know that I'll probably be getting transferred before I see him baptized but all that matters is that he's getting baptized right? I love Mareno such a character with a strong desire to follow the Lord also something cool is that he has family that lives in our area and I believe he will be a great source for referrals! Our other baptismal date is Gaetano Heleman Di Stefano. He is a 10 year old boy whose family is from Sicilia. Super great family probably my favorite family in the ward. When I got into Bergamo I found out that Gaetano was not baptized just because his family had not been active for several years. But this last year his family is now active and strong and his father just received the Melchizedek priesthood. We've eaten at their house twice in these last two weeks and I've had some really good Siciliano food! I love their family though the Francesco (the dad) works for the Italian Army and both him and the wife talk super fast haha I love it! But right now with them we are teaching Gaetano the gospel principles because he didn't grow up and have a strong knowledge of our church! He's super cool though the first time we saw him he asked a ton of questions about what missionaries do and is really interested in serving a mission!
But those are our 2 baptismal dates. Our other investigators are doing well still working with Natacha and Fausto just trying to get them to understand that this is the TRUE church and has the AUTHORITY. They're great though. In fact this last week we had a cool experience. We were in Dalmine and we where going through the park. We saw this massive man riding on a bike and just totally biff it. He got up real quick and looked around to make sure nobody saw him. (We acted like we didn't see it) So we walk over and this guy is 6'4 320 lbs from Romania. We told him that there was a purpose in life and talked to him a little about God. He started crying and just told us that he's just lost his job and misses his brother who is living in the US. It was incredible because the day before that he told his wife, <<this week will be the week that I change my life>> and so we show up. Super awesome guy his name is Adreano and we had a lesson with him yesterday with a member and was one of the best lessons that we've had! The member was great I was a little hesitant to use him but was solid! So we will see him this Saturday! This week has been great lots of things going on today is raining and P'day last week was funny. We went to Lecco and and soon as we got off the train it was pouring! So we just went back to Bergamo and played calcetto and P'pong! Things are going great I still can't believe Daniel is going to Africa and know it's where he's supposed to be! Thanks for all the support I'm loving my mission and enjoying the experiences I'm having everyday! Love you all Vi voglio bene
Anziano Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment