Mailing address

Ben's mailing address at the mission home:

Anziano Charles Ben Thomas
Italy Milan Mission
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italy

**please keep scrolling down to view blog**






























































Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Investigators at Church and Scorpions

Ciao tutti!
This week was great! Especially this Sunday! These past few weeks we haven't really had anyone come to church and really this week we've been praying for them to come. So on Sunday when we get there, first hour of church no one is there. But we know for sure our investigator Mareno was coming he was just a little late. So I'm sitting in priesthood meeting and someone knocks on the door and it's Natacha!! I couldn't believe it she even brought her daughter Kait with her. So we ran out showed Kait where Primary was and then took Natacha upstairs for Relief society. After we were waiting awhile again and we were still waiting for Mareno. So I walk outside and in the distance I see this African in an African suit walking and I think, "that's not Mareno, where's Mareno!" So this African gets closer and I realize that it's Destiny! It was hilarious I couldn't believe it! We only taught this guy twice and he told us "by God's grace he would come to church" which means maybe probably not. So I took him into class and as soon as he walks into class he says "Gooooood morning everyone!" Hahaha and everyone in the class spoke Italian! And then finally Mareno came! It was amazing everyone in church had a great experience! Oh and by the way we had a lesson with Mareno and he has a baptismal date for Sept. 29!!! And he keeps asking about it he wants to get ready!! So we are super happy for that he's a miracle and really a great guy about 37 years old, born in Lombardia, right now he lives with his mom because he had an incident 10 years ago where he got into an accident and now is in "retirement" because he physically can't work but really nothing is wrong with him he's completely normal! Work is going great! Last P'day we went to città alta again and went to the top and checked everything out it was great and we had alot of fun. We went into alot of Catholic Churches up there and got to see all of Bergamo super beautiful. This week I also did a scambio in Brescia and had a funny experience. We were doing finding work and we bumped into this Family from Peru and I start talking to them in Italian and they're like "uhh.. we don't speak Italian only Spanish and I was like oh.. va bene. So I started speaking Spanish. Except it wasn't. I just put the letter s at the end of every Italian word. But it doesn't work like that hahah. It was terrible but the family appreciated it and after me and the elder in Brescia just busted up laughing! Other news, this week I made pigs in a blanket! Very Italian I know but I made it with my own bread I made and it turned out pretty good!
Also this week I saw something I haven't seen in a very, very long time. A Scorpione!! I walked into my room and saw it on the wall. So since everyone from my apartment was from Washington, California, and Utah. I had to kill it because I was from Arizona. It was funny. I dropped it on our electric racket we have for killing mosquitoes. This week was great today we are going to Lecco. A city on the Como Lake. Anziano Treadway served there so he's going to show us around! Things are going great loving the work and really appreciate all the prayers. This week pray for Mareno, Natacha, and Fausto as well as pray that we find new investigators! Thanks for everything and all the support! Vi voglio Bene! Grazie a mille!
Anziano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment